thejedimasters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ideas for plot improving

3 posters

Go down

Ideas for plot improving Empty Ideas for plot improving

Post  Darth Novotnus Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:02 pm

Maybe we have some ideas how to make TJM greater? Quests, plot improvements, dialogs, explanations? Post them if you have them - maybe they will be useful.

Plague
It would be really nice to say something more about the plague. So, here's my idea:
Will need additional module (I guess Etti or Coruscant Slums are the best areas for the enterance). In the module you meet hostile creatures (the weirder and more deformed the better). After killing many of them you meet a Dark Side user, who explains you that he have found some information about Muur and his talisman and he wants to create something similar, and the creatures are his failed experiments. He tells you to bring him data from Jedi Temple, becouse his talisman just causes the disease, but objects die and do not turn into his mindless servants and he wants to know how to improve the recepy. You can:
- Kill him and take data to Vima, so she can stop the plague. (LS)
- Bring data to the Dark Side user and help him with his experiment. (DS)
At the end you learn that Muur traveled behond the Galaxy and probably meet the True Sith, who tought him to create Rakguls.

Alternative:
Whole thing with darksider isn't in a new module, but in Aparature Station. Kannos tells you, that he founded the station for a man, who promised to create an army for him, but some time ago he lost contact with the station and he wants you to investigate. Then all goes like above, but at the end you get access to the cloning room, where you meet cloned Kreia.
Darth Novotnus
Darth Novotnus

Back to top Go down

Ideas for plot improving Empty Re: Ideas for plot improving

Post  Darth Novotnus Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:39 pm

Kreia expansion

Kreia is a clone, so what do you think abotu making her a bit yunger? Something like:
http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/screenshots/File/74913/1
or
http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/screenshots/File/92839/1
(not with this blue robe and blue eyes - it's just to give idea of what I'm talking about).
She also could be a little insane, as Joruus C'baoth, or lack more of her memory. It gives an opportunity to find out something about her past in a large quest ("Find out who Kreia is" - Exile tells you about her travels with Kreia, and then, to reach in the past you must find people, who knew Kreia as a Jedi and later - a Sith). Depending on what you tell her about her past she can become Darth Traya again or turn to the light.
Darth Novotnus
Darth Novotnus

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Novotnus Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:22 pm

Dead or unavalible Jedi Masters

I think it would be nice to give every Jedi Master in the mod some backstory. Jedi are illegal, and now - you meet whole group of them when the time for battle comes. It would be nice to meet each of them hiding on the planets you visit.
There are two people who are dead or unavalible - those are Q'anilla (dead) and Celeste (frozen). How about:
- Changing Q'Anilla into Visas Marr? She can be where she is, or - with a lot of work - you can change first area of Malachor V from TSL into ruined city, which can be Katarr, and put Visas there.
Alternative: you can make Q'Anilla into some other Seer from the Convenant. Krynda had many more Miraluka apprintices.
I'll post again when I'll think something out for Celeste.
EDIT:
So, about Celeste: As she is frozen in her prison, she can't be one of the Jedi Masters, but if idea with the Plague is accteptable and the darksider wants to create something like Muur Talisman, Celeste could be a clone of the real one. She can have tepepatic contact with the real one, so she remembers everything about the Talisman, but doesn't want to give away any information. After freeing her she will join Revan in the battle.
Darth Novotnus
Darth Novotnus

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Novotnus Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Legalization of the Jedi Order

During whole plot everybody tell you about delegalization of the Order and then, when you travel to Coruscant a well-known Jedi Revan is invited for a meeting with the Chancellor and it looks like everybody forgett about illegal character of organization he belongs to. Now, my idea is:
- Adding some fanatics, who wants to kill you as a Force user. They can be on every planet you visit. There can be a quest to find out who is their leader and stop him.
- On Coruscant, before Revan can speak to the Senate, you have to make Jedi legal again. If the fanatics will be accepted, first thing will be stoping them. Then in the Senate you can meet Mical, who became a Senator (in TSL when you are a darksider he gives up the Force and becomes a politician, so we can assume, that without the training he could have done the same). As a former Padawan, he wants to legalize the Order again, but the Chancellor doesn't want to talk about it (he might be blackmailed by the leader of the fanatics). Then you do the investigation quest, tell the Chancellor that blackmailer is dead (or blackmail the Chancellor if you are DS) and Revan can safely enter the Senate.
Darth Novotnus
Darth Novotnus

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Novotnus Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:35 am

Nihilus' past

The thing that was really missing in TSL is a backstory for members of the Sith Triumvirate. Sion is dead, so there's no point of puting him there and his story was quite complete. But we also have Kreia and Nihilus right in the mod. I posted idea for Kreia above, and now I think it would be nice to include Nihilus as well. In my vision it goes like that: Exile tells you about Kreia's past and mentions that she once traveled with a woman, who knew Kreia's apprintice and tells you where Visas is (yes, I really want to see my sweet Visas : ). When you meet Visas she can tell you more about Nihilus' past or - as she is Miraluka - show you some images of his life as a bik movie with narration (she probably had acces to his mind when she was his apprintice; Nihilus without his robes commanding Ravager, uncontious Nihilus found by Darth Traya on Malachor Surface and finaly Nihilus in his robes and mask). She can say something like "He was a dead man since then, just waiting for his death to come and trying to feed overwhelming hunger that drove him mad", what would explain Nihilus' decision after he's defeated. At the end she can give you another clue about someone, who might know about Kreia's deeper past.
(i thiknk whole this subquest would be nice - something like Planescape: Torment).
Darth Novotnus
Darth Novotnus

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Novotnus Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:27 pm

Star Map in Mandalorian Camp

It's a kind of strange, that there is a Star Map in the Mandalrian Camp. It wasn't there when I've been ther ten years ago! And it's a kind of artifact, so it shouldn't appear by itself.
How about putting a Mandalorian Guard with a dialog like:
M: I wouldn't advise you to go any further.
Y: Why?
M: There is that... thing. A group of Mandalorians from Sleheyron brougt it some time ago. It semms... evil.
Y: What is that thing?
M: It looks like some ancient technology and it atracts beast. They stormed the camp after this thing appeared here. We killed as many as possible and closed that section.
Darth Novotnus
Darth Novotnus

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Novotnus Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:26 pm

Screamers and Banshees

I would really like to learn something more about Screamers and Banshees. We have two lab stations in TJM, so why not to put a body of a Screamer and Banshee with a computer panel, which will give the player some information about those creatures? For example, on aparature station, in the cloning room you can find corpses of aScreamer and a Banshee in the tanks. Panel could support you with some info like: "I don't know how this creature could survive more than a few seconds. It doesn't have such basic organs as lungs or stomatch. I failed to clone this creature - it grows like any other clone, but it's dead from the very beginning." /just an example, written with my poor English/
Darth Novotnus
Darth Novotnus

Back to top Go down

Ideas for plot improving Empty Romance

Post  Gregthegen Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:30 am

I don't see much of an "improvement" in the plot that is needed, however I do think that I might mention something that George Lucas and Bioware say all the time, and that i've seen in every star wars game.

Lucas/Bioware Every game and or movie that has to do with star wars, needs a romance. Look at all the movies (avoid the first two episodes), all the games. (jedi knight/The force unleashed/kotor/KotorII. The only exception to the rule has been the starfighter games such as Rogue Squadron/EAW/Galactic Battlegrounds.

My favorite part of Kotor was romancing bastila, I was single then, but meh, my girlfriend loved romancing Carth. If a romance could be added between several of the characters (as few as one male and one female), it would make TJM even more enjoyable IMO.

Gregthegen

Back to top Go down

Post  Trex Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:21 pm

Gregthegen wrote:I don't see much of an "improvement" in the plot that is needed, however I do think that I might mention something that George Lucas and Bioware say all the time, and that i've seen in every star wars game.

Lucas/Bioware Every game and or movie that has to do with star wars, needs a romance. Look at all the movies (avoid the first two episodes), all the games. (jedi knight/The force unleashed/kotor/KotorII. The only exception to the rule has been the starfighter games such as Rogue Squadron/EAW/Galactic Battlegrounds.

My favorite part of Kotor was romancing bastila, I was single then, but meh, my girlfriend loved romancing Carth. If a romance could be added between several of the characters (as few as one male and one female), it would make TJM even more enjoyable IMO.

There are actually two limited romances in this. If you're male, you can romance Tsig, and females can romance Shadow. Basically, you just have to complete their subquests and the option to become romantically linked will open up.

Afterwards, you can get a kiss any time you want, and get some company when you want to use the bed on the ship.
Trex
Trex
Admin

https://thejedimastersmod.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum